Learn how to effectively teach and support children with special needs by becoming a Registered Behaviour Technician
45-hour interactive online training
Dates: May 30th to July 18th, 2022
Classes on Monday and Thursday evenings, from 6 to 9PM, for 7 weeks
*one class will be in-person at the clinic
Your place is reserved as soon as payment is received. Payment is due by May 14th, 2022
Early bird registrations get $100 off *register before March 31st, 2022
Clinique Spectrum is excited to offer once again the registered Behaviour Technician (RBT)™ training starting on May 30th, 2022!
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects communication, social skills, and behaviour. Autism affects 1 in 66 Canadian youth.
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is an evidence-based strategy that uses the science of behaviour to teach skills and promote desired behaviour. It is often used as an intervention for children with autism.
RBT (Registered Behaviour Technician) is a credential offered by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board for individuals providing direct behaviour-analytic services to children with autism (www.bacb.com/rbt). An RBT is an integral part of the intervention team, supporting the child in home, school, and/or community environments. RBTs work under the supervision and guidance of a BCBA (Board Certified Behaviour Analyst), who provides the intervention goals and strategies.
What is included?*
- The 45-hour online RBT Curriculum (Required by the BACB to become certified). This training is based on the 2nd edition RBT task list and is designed to meet the 42-hour RBT training requirement in order to become certified. This training is offered independent of the BACB.
- The training includes detailed training slides, videos, weekly quizzes and active student responding, as well as interactive discussions between the trainers (BCBA’s). Practice tests, group activities and class discussions are designed to ensure you will be prepared to complete the competency exam with your supervisor once completing the course and sit for the BACB RBT Exam.
- 320-page RBT Training Binder.
*The Competency Assessment required by the BACB to become certified is not included within the Clinique Spectrum online RBT Training. The assessment must be administered by a BCBA, following the completion of the 45-hour RBT training requirement and should be done by someone who will be directly supervising your work.
Please take note of the following requirements of the course:
- You must complete at least 42 hours of the 45-hour RBT training in order to become certified
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must have a high school diploma
- Classes will take place every Monday and Thursday evenings, from 6:00PM to 9:00PM, on Zoom. Please make sure to log on Zoom at least 5 minutes prior to the start of each class, and make sure to keep your camera on. Attendance will be taken at the beginning and end of each class.
Clinique Spectrum is an integrated services team for people with autism. Our small-group RBT training is provided by highly experienced BCBAs.
Richard Kerkhoven, M.Sc., has over 15 years of experience working with children with ASD and other special needs. He has extensive experience with parent coaching, conducting behavioural assessments, and the creation of successful intervention plans. He works primarily with preschool-aged children.
Brenda Melhem, MA, has 6 years of experience working with children with ASD and other special needs. She has experience implementing direct behaviour analytic intervention, conducting behavioural assessments, and supporting individuals and families to meet behaviour goals.
For more information on the process to becoming a certified RBT, please visit www.bacb.com/rbt.
Participants who successfully participate in a minimum of 40 hours of ABA with RBT™ instruction may receive an Attestation of Training: Registered Behaviour Technician™ (RBT™). The passing grade is 70%.
Registration fees will be reimbursed in full minus a $50 administrative fee, up to 15 days before the event. There is no reimbursement for cancellations 15 days or less before the event. Clinique Spectrum reserves the right to cancel a workshop/training program if there is insufficient registration.